Child advice

There are many sources of assistance regarding children and divorce. We list some of the the main ones here. Check back in our Children/Teenagers/Parents sections for others. If any member of your family needs help, there are many sources described for all the family in these sections together with the information below: helplines, leaflets, books, useful websites, online counselling and support groups.

When contacting any agencies mentioned by Divorce Aid, please kindly mention us to them.

The Children's Legal Centre
Their website is designed to provide legal information to children, young people, parents, carers and professionals in a user-friendly manner and to provide answers to frequently asked questions in the following areas:

  • Child employment
  • Child protection
  • Contact
  • Education Maintenance Allowance
  • Home alone
  • Parental Responsibility
  • Refugee and asylum-seeking children
  • Residence
  • School attendance

Check out their website at:

International Parental Child Abduction - reunite
What is international parental child abduction?
The removal or retention of a child across an international border by one parent (or person who has parental responsibility), which is either in contravention of a court order or without the consent of the other parent (or person who has parental responsibility).

Is it a criminal offence for one parent to abduct a child?
In most circumstances, YES!

reunite is the leading UK charity specialising in international parental child abduction. They provide advice, information and support to parents, family members and guardians who have had a child abducted or who fear child abduction. They also provide advice to parents who may have abducted their child as well as advising on international contact issues.

For further details. please see their website at or call their advice line on 0116 2556 234. From abroad, call +44 116 2556 234
Write to them at P.O. Box 7124 Leicester LE1 7XX United Kingdom

National Association of Child Contact Centres

This association keeps 2000 children in touch with both parents each week through a network of child contact centres. Could this help you?

Referrals are usually made by solicitors, Family Court Welfare Officers, Social Services, Citizens Advice Bureaux, Family Mediation and Relate.
Some centres also accept self-referrals.

For more information, connect to:
or phone: 0115 948 4557
Fax: 0115 941 5519

Write to:
Minerva House,
Spaniel Row,

Their advice line offers confidential advice on anything from childcare to contact issues and subjects such as benefits, education and housing. Or maybe you just want someone to talk to. Here you will find a sympathetic, listening ear. This freephone service is on 0800 018 4318. Open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday. Click on

Children and Family Court Advisory and Support Service (CAFCASS)

6th Floor
16 Palace Street

Telephone: 020 7210 4400 Fax: 020 7210 4422

Top of page


Search our Directory for our recommended divorce solicitors. Also personal referral service.

[Search Directory Now]