NACCC - National Association of Child Contact Centres
This association keeps 2000 children in touch with both parents each week through a network of child contact centres. Could this help you? Referrals are usually made by solicitors, Family Court Welfare Officers, Social Services, Citizens Advice Bureaux, Family Mediation and Relate. Some centres also accept self-referrals.

For more information, connect to: It is probably best to get in touch with one of the professionals above or phone 0845 4500 280

Write to:
NACCC; Minerva House, Spaniel Row, Nottingham NG1 6EP Please kindly say that you found them via this site.

You can also ask for advice from your Health Visitor, G.P or Social Services.

The Children's Legal Centre
Their website is designed to provide legal information to children, young people, parents, carers and professionals in a user-friendly manner and to provide answers to frequently asked questions in the following areas:
Child employment
Child protection
Education Maintenance Allowance
Home alone
Parental Responsibility
Refugee and asylum-seeking children
School attendance

believes that children need a happy, secure childhood and that parents play the key role in giving their children a good start in life and helping them achieve their full potential.
They offer support, friendship and practical help to parents with young children (families with a child up to and including five years of age) in local communities throughout the UK and with British Forces in Germany and Cyprus.
They recruit and train volunteers who are usually parents themselves to visit families at home. They offer informal, friendly and confidential support.
"With Home-Start's help I got through a terrible time, and now my house is full of hope and laughter." A Parent

It doesn't matter who you are or where you live, bringing up a young family is hard. Home-Start helps families with all sorts of problems. Give them a ring or click here for their website.
Freephone national helpline 08000 68 63 68 open from 8am to 8pm 7 days a week
They have a very good list of links to other helpful agencies.

The Association of Charity Officers

The Association is the national umbrella body for benevolent charities, that is charities who provide aid and advice to individuals in need. It also provides a Helpline service for those in need looking for charitable assistance.

Contacting the Helpline
The Helpline is a free service available to individuals in need, their advisors and supporters.

In order to link the individual with the most appropriate charity likely to assist them the Association will need to have the following information:

area of residence
place of birth
family background and responsibilities
career and work history
service in the armed forces
past or present membership of a trade union or professional association
religious affiliations
When you have this information available call us on
01707 651 777. The Helpline service is available Monday to Friday 10.00am to 4.00pm. (if you hear an answerphone message between these hours, please call back later as the lines may be busy).

Five Ways, 57-59 Hatfield Road,
Potters Bar, Herts, EN6 1HS
Tel: 01707 651777
Fax: 01707 660477

Top of page


Search our Directory for our recommended divorce solicitors. Also personal referral service.

[Search Directory Now]